<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 28, 2005

The Excursion is Over! 

Finally, back home...well, close enough. So my drive to North Carolina was pretty much a waste. I have now come to the conclusion that Kalison tubas suck. The tuba I tried was supposed to be a 5/4 tuba and the thing was light as a feather, must have been made out of aluminum foil. But atleast I know that now, and I don't have to think later, what if? But the drive to Michigan was well worth it. I got to try out all of these B&S tubas, and I even played on a Hirsbrunner. I narrowed it down to 2 though, and really it's just 1. My 2 favorite tubas were the PT-606, and the PT-6. Both models were piston valve and silver plated. The PT-606 felt like a little hot rod, for a CC tuba. It was nice, but not exactly what I wanted. The PT-6 however had everything I was wanting. It had the dark German sound that I'm going for, an evenness in playing in all registers, and the orchestral feel, sound, and size that I want in my own horn. Now, I just have to find a way to pay for it, lol. Luckily, the the PT-6 is the cheaper of the 2 horns, and it's also the biggest being a 5/4. And after this wonderful playing experience I went to Drill camp. I survived, and even though I'm sore I look forward to the summer. I got fitted for a uniform while I was there. To put on that uniform was beautimous...not to mention it got me out of the last bit of fundamentals block ;). I've got to lose more weight though and be totally prepared for the April camp. I was not prepared for the March camp at all, and I lucked out surviving it. Well, that's all for now, time to try and sleep in my bed after being used to a sleeping bag and a gym floor :D. Take it easy!

Comments: Post a Comment
Site
Meter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?