<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas! 

Ah, Christmas Day it truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Here in a few minutes I'll be going to my mom's family and spend the day with them. The last time I was up there was before this past semester started...darn marching band! I tried to update last week before I left for camp, but I either hit a wrong button or my computer decided not to work. Grades this semester are ok, a 3.5 overall G.P.A. I made an A on my theory term paper I pulled out of my butt the night before it was due! I still wound up with a B in the class, but that's fine, because I did learn quite a bit in the class. The paper though made my day Thursday, especially after my hearing. I did pass all my scales though, and I can do a recital next semester! I just wished I had played the music at the level I am capable of for the faculty. Biology was ok, came out with a B in the class, not to shabby for someone who fell asleep almost everyday...yay osmosis :) . CIS was an easy A, had the highest grade out of the whole class. History I got a B in, but I like the class, Mr. Acord is awesome. Now after 2 1/2 years I am a senior...and after 2 1/2 more years I can graduate. Sad isn't it? And I've not slacked on anything. Never dropped a class because I was failing it. This is me working my butt off and it still taking 5 years to get a degree. They should change it so our scholarships last 5 years instead of 4. But this blog is entitled Christmas, not school...so I hope everyone has enjoyed the time with their families and all the cool gifts they got. I now have a jacket instead of always wearing my black overcoat. I can now go without fearing the fashion police...even though I never feared them anyway. I now have a flat screen monitor for my computer! I can't wait to go back and try it out! Eww...that means going back to school. Idlest now though when I drive anywhere I will have a radar detector. That was from my dad. Too bad I didn't have that thing a little sooner, but even then it wouldn't have helped lol. Speaking of the Jeep, we ran into a little trouble coming back from Canton last Sunday. I was driving in West Virginia and I was getting sleepy. I kept pushing myself to try and make it to the next big town Charleston. But when I got 15 miles from it, I dozed off. I then awoke to the rumble strips and being startled over corrected my stearing. Which made my jeep start to go into the guardrail. The driverside front bumper grinded along the rail, and then the jeep finished spinning around and the back driver side bumper stopped the car. I was so scared I was going to be stranded in West Virginia and that Josh or my dad would have to come and get me. But when I got out to look at the car, the only thing damaged were the bumpers, nothing else was harmed. A man behind me pulled over and came up to help me and even flagged down an ambulance who called a sheriff to come out. This held up my progress but atleast these people were nice and in the Christmas spirit. The sheriff was really nice, he even had his radio set to K-Love, which is a big Christian radio station. One of my favorite Mercy Me songs came on and it was so true, I've never been more Homesick than now. So, I believe that's a big enough blog for you all to chew on. I'll post sometime later, till then take it easy!

Comments:
Congrats on finally passing your scales. What, is this like only your fifth jury?
 
Post a Comment
Site
Meter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?