<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 03, 2004

Bloooooooo!!! 

Wow, this week has been hectic and I'm so glad it's over. So I turned in my Theory IV term paper in today, after I stayed up till 6 this morning finishing it. I know, I know, I procrastinate too much, but at least it's done. So, Tharp and I have our hearing coming up at the end of this semester, and for once I'm really not worried about it. I have almost all of the Strauss Horn Concerto under my fingers, and I'm kicking the snot out of Aboriginal Voices. The only thing not going is the duet we are going to play, we just need time to practice it together though and it'll be ok. This semester is almost over and I can't wait! Truely the time has flown by, and the feeling of Christmas is all around me, makes me happy :D. I'm starting to see all my college time start to come together and the end is near, but I'm going to enjoy the time I still have in college. Thanksgiving break was very relaxing...well at least the first 2 days. Wednesday I was awaken at 8 in the morning by my cell phone...guess who! Kristina calling me once again, apologizing and then telling me she doesn't know why she did what she did last semester but she wanted me to know that she liked me more than she did Moose. Guess being nice to the girl ain't workin' so I'm going to have to be blunt next time I hear from her. Oh, she also is getting a divorce now...if she ever got married in the first place. But I can't let that bother me. Thursday was wonderful, having my family around and good food to eat, God definitely blessed me with a wonderful family and home. But now to post on what my title says. So, this past weekend I had camp in Canton, OH for Bluecoats. I stayed with Kyle Kennedy on Friday where we had some crazy good times lol, and then left his house for Canton on Saturday morning. At the camp I met some fellow Sinfonians and I even ran into four Morehead people! One of them got cut the first night, but the other three were asked to come back to the next camp in December, I hope they make it. Anyway, my first experience playing on these brand new Yamaha contras...ohhhhhh, I never want to go back to a sousaphone! These played so much better! But anyway several of the people trying out were high schoolers around 16-18 years old, and they weren't terrible players, just young and inexperienced. So I went in and played my audtion for the tuba tech. and I gave a really good audition. We wouldn't find out how we did until the next day near the end of camp. So after sleeping on a gym floor and then using a public shower (which neither of these were as bad as I thought they would be) and some marching and playing, I go meet the tuba tech. outside the room we were rehearsing in. He tells me he has heard about 30 contras out of the past 2 camps, 8 or 9 in Texas and 22 in Ohio. And out of these 30 players I was one of his top 3 players! He offered me a contract right there! He even told me that I would be one of the most important players in the line. I was almost dumbfounded. I figured I could make it in, but make it in that easy, wow. So, this summer I will be touring with the Bluecoats drum and bugle corps. And at the end of this summer, I'm going to look totally different lol. They also told us the day of move in...May 21. Sorry Chris, I can't be at your wedding bro. I really want to be there, but this is my last opportunity to do corps. And yes I know you only get married once, and I could have done corps. anytime before this. But you could get married anytime before then, or after...the point is I wasn't ready for drum corps. till now and you weren't ready for marriage till now. Just wanted to beat you to the argument bro ;). Maybe the summer after this I can visit you and Rena. Or I may tour near Washington and you could come see me perform. One day bro, I will get out there to visit. All right, after only getting 2 hours of sleep last night, I'm tired and going to bed. Take it easy!

Comments: Post a Comment
Site
Meter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?