<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 07, 2004

Remodeling Time! 

Well, for those of you who I don't know who are out there reading my blog I have a little story. This past year before Christmas break, my tuba professor Dr. Baker decided that she was tired of the tuba rooms (just like it sounds, it's where we keep all the school tubas) being crowded, so the entire tuba/euph. studio cleaned them. As we were doing so Dr. Baker was going to through this old coat rack out, but LB another tuba player and myself said no one of us would take it. Well I let it stay in there, and LB never came to get it, so I took it and checked to make sure he didn't mind, and he was ok with it. So this past spring semester me and Chris (Screeching Cedar) got quite a bit of use out of it. Well when I brought it home for the summer I was tired of it looking like crap so I came up with a summer project to fix her up. New screws to hold it together and coat and hat hooks, and two double hooks in the middle. Now the wood was cracked, scratched, and not very much to look at. So I decided to paint it. Of course I went with my fraternity colors. The pole, and one set of legs are black, and the braces and other set of legs are red. The gold will be provided by the hooks but I also have a little tuba of gold paint to add if I feel it needs it. But it should look great in me and my big's room. :D Now to where I got the name for this post. My parents ever since I've gone to college have decided that now is the best time to fix up the house. I thought this was a crazy idea seeing as a lot of money goes to my school and I don't want to see my parents go broke in the middle. But since I'm in college now they don't have to follow me around and actually have time to do things, this being their argument against me. So this past Saturday, workers came and took out these French style doors in our dining room and put in sliding glass doors, which looks really cool because you can see the wildlife outside really well now. And today some different guys came and put in a hard wood floor, and finished it today! So this meant they started early...much too early for me seeing as I stayed up reading till about 3 or 4 in the morning. And I'm laying in my bed and I hear this pounding, and I finally was able to ignore it to catch some more Z's. But not too many cause I had to get up and get some stuff for them, oh well, maybe I'll go to bed early tonight...probably not cause now I'm staring the final book in the series I'm reading! Well, everyone take it easy, I'm out!

Comments: Post a Comment
Site
Meter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?