<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 21, 2004

Thinking... 

So I went to the movies with my dad tonight and we watched Shrek 2. It was a pretty good movie. Some great humor, and not a bad love story to boot. But now that I'm home I've just been in this thinking mood. Actually I've been in this mood for, oh I don't know, this entire semester! I've felt in the dark for the most part. Like someone has pulled the covers over me in my own little world. I'm sure of the final answers, I know the goals, and what I want in life...but the journey is confusing me. Maybe I'm over analyzing...Analysis is paralysis as Mr. Wing has said. But it's too late to stroll down life being a blissful idiot. I've done that, and though it is very easy it has no goal. It's like cheating on a game when you first get it. Maybe after you've tried and tried it's all right to get help or put in a cheat code, but it takes all the fun out of the game if you cheat from the get go. I have soo much I want to do in life. So many books I want to read, but I don't have the time. So much music I want to hear and make, but I don't have the time. So many people to meet...but I don't have the time. Are we seeing a trend here? Has our society pushed us so we have no time! Or do we not realize how we spend time. If we think how much we watch TV, or goof off in a given day what else could we have accomplished? You know, I started this post of thinking of one thing, and I've managed to change subjects so easily lol. Was this semester a waist? Will it prove to be the turning point in my life? Or will I continue going down a destructive path of happy blissful stupidity...

Comments:
For the record, there are moments when being a blissful idiot are earned, and well-deserved, and much needed. Yes, our society makes many demands on our time, and there is never enough when you start thinking about everything that you have to do and want to do, but I'm pretty sure that if you're a good boy, God will let you catch up in heaven.
 
Post a Comment
Site
Meter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?