<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Question... 

So Amanda gave me this question the other day, "Take away your name. Take away your roles in life. What is left? Who are you?" Well while I was walking last night, I was thinking about this question, and I thought you know most people are defined by what they have done and who they have been raised around...how can there be something left when you take this all away? Then I thought back and found the answer, we are who we were when we were children. People always look at kids and think they are so uninhibited, wish I could be like that. Well you can, society has put us all into what we are, and we have forgotten our "true" behaviors. Think back to when you were young. You most likely acted very differently then you do now. Because at some point in time, someone told you that you weren't "cool" or some other phrase because you were different and not like everyone else. I thought back to my younger self. I was very different from what I am now. I was selfish, I was cunniving. It was my way or the highway. Now even though I had all these bad things, the one good thing I found was I was a leader. I never followed, now the reasoning was bad reasoning and I was an immature leader, but a leader none the less. So I want you all to think back to who you were as a kid? Were you more friendly, more steadfast? And now think how you can incorporate these things into you. Better yourself so you can better the world.

Comments:
I wasn't fat when I was a kid.
 
I had actually intended the question to focus on your desires, values, beliefs, and innate personality. Some of these things have developed since you were a child, and while the people you associated with may have affected some of these to a degree, they exist regardless of what your name is, who your parents are, what job you have or don't have.
 
Post a Comment
Site
Meter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?