<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Food For Thought... 

So I just had this break through thought. So this story begins way back in the day with my grandpa. Now my grandpa was your average blue collar coal miner. Now I never knew my grandpa because he passed away before I was born, but do to the fact he was a coal miner I doubt his education was very high, but looking at the rest of my family he had his moments of intellect, because no one is white trash in my family. But anyways, I've heard stories from my granny and some of my aunts about his business "endeavors". One such story involved my grandpa and one of his neighbors. This neighbor kept bothering my grandpa over this small piece of land and they kept digging deeper and deeper to try and get this land. And my grandpa just gave it to her. No charge, no argument. I always thought "how could my grandpa give into her, and then not get any money or anything for it?" But I think I now understand why. My grandpa had a very large family. But I've never really heard stories of "hard times" with my family. My grandpa is the only one who worked, while my granny was a house wife. So my grandpa must have made enough money to support my family. So my grandpa must have been "why do I need this? I don't need the stress she is giving me, and my family will be just fine without it. Besides I know what I've earned." I believe my grandpa was wise enough to realize that he wasn't working on this earth for this life but the next. He did what he needed to support his family, and all the other work was rewarded in a far better place, Heaven. Now if you aren't a Christian like me, I don't mean to offend, but hey it's my blog. I believe that this life is only meant to prepare us for the after life. Nothing in this world is worth a big argument, where will it lead. Nothing in this world is worth the stress it puts on us. This life should be about love, obtaining love, and learning to not only give but also receive love. Now this task does involve stress, but nothing can be easy. What is it worth if something is just handed to you? So I think it is time for me stop worrying, everything will work it's way out. I believe that life is a combination of pre-destined and free will. The paths or many, but the goal is the same. How you reach it is life, and how you handle it is the person you will become. Please leave comments on this one if you feel moved to do so.

Comments:
Excellent blog... I kind of got stuck on the part about the combination of free will and predestination, but I think it's something similar to what Muslims believe with their Divine Measurement... They basically believe that everyone makes their own choices, and that God does put in a few high and low points of his own choosing, but the choices you make on the way to these points and in reaction to them is what you are measured by. They also believe that is possibly to remove some of the low points that God has planned through devout prayer.
 
Post a Comment
Site
Meter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?